HUNTING AND FISHING POLICY
- The Shawnee National Forest attached to Lost Trail Cabins is a premium Whitetail Deer and Turkey hunting area and several trophy deer scoring B&C and P&Y records have been taken recently. For this reason cabin rentals during this time are at a premium and are priced accordingly. HUNTING IS NOT ALLOWED ON LOST TRAIL CABINS PROPERTY, however hunting is allowed on adjacent Shawnee National Forest property. We are not licensed hunting guides but upon your request we may recommend favorable stand sites. You are responsible for all licenses, permits, stamps, tags, etc.
- A fish and deer cleaning station is provided for hanging your deer and filleting your fish. Please utilize the station and not your kitchen.
- THE POND AT LOST TRAIL CABINS ALLOWS “CATCH AND RELEASE” FISHING ONLY. BARBLESS HOOKS MUST BE USED WHEN FISHING THIS POND. Several times annually Lost Trail Cabins will allow a controlled harvest in order to maintain the size and population of the fish. These dates are not pre-determined but rather determined as the need arises.
- A moderate hike through the woods will take you to Little Kinkaid Creek. Fish inhabit this creek abundantly at all times throughout the year. White bass, bluegill, catfish, crappie, large mouth bass, walleye and muskie are all regularly caught from the bank of the creek.
- A further hike into the woods will take you to Kinkaid Lake and eventually to Johnson Creek Recreation Area.